The BISP 8171 Internship Program was initiated under the auspices of the Benazir Income Support Program. The primary aim of this program is to offer training and facilitate skill development opportunities for young individuals, so enhancing their potential for employment and fostering their contribution to the economic advancement of Pakistan.
The Benazir Income Support Program has been offering financial aid to individuals who are economically disadvantaged and meet the eligibility criteria for a significant duration of time. Simultaneously, he has also proclaimed the initiation of an internship program aimed at fostering the professional development of young individuals, so facilitating their establishment in their respective fields. In this program, Benazir provides internet access together with a financial incentive of ten thousand rupees and complimentary training.
What is an Internship?
- Internships offer students the opportunity to gain practical, supervised job experience that is directly relevant to their chosen academic discipline or professional goals.
- The program aims to enhance the learning experience by incorporating particular briefings that are designed to facilitate the acquisition of actual job experience.
Eligibility of Interns:
- A 16-year degree recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) or a three-year diploma of similar standing. To be eligible for admission, applicants must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks or a CGPA of 2.5 in their Matriculation, FSC, final degree, or diploma.
- The interns will be selected for a duration of three to six months, during which they will receive a predetermined monthly pay of 10,000. This salary will be contingent upon maintaining a minimum attendance rate of 80%.
- The age requirement for application submission is limited to individuals between the ages of 20 and 30.
- It is strongly encouraged for female candidates to submit their applications.
- Individuals who have completed their education at a Madrasa are also eligible to submit their applications.
- Applicants with disabilities are subject to a 2% quota.
- A quota of 5% has been allocated for minority groups.
- The Human Resources Wing, Headquarters in Islamabad, will announce all Secretariat internship assignments on the official Secretariat website.
- Prospective interns are advised to visit the official website of the BISP Secretariat in order to access information regarding available internship opportunities.
- Applicants are obligated to fulfill the requisite of completing the online application form and submitting a letter of sponsorship from the affiliated educational institution, such as a university or college.
- Applications should only be considered for the internship program that has been advertised.
Unless otherwise noted, it is not necessary for applicants to submit copies of their degrees.
- The duration of the internship shall range from a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months, with working hours being consistent with current practices.
- Interns are permitted to commence their internship just upon consenting to the stipulations.
- During the duration of an internship, interns are not permitted to engage in consultations with the BISPS Secretariat.
- An intern is not considered a staff member of the Secretariat, nor are any allowances agreed upon between the BISP Secretariat and interns.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been established between BISP (Benazir Income Support Programme) and several universities and institutions. This MoU aims to facilitate internships for undergraduate students enrolled in the BISP program. Specifically, students who maintain a minimum attendance of 80% will be eligible for a six- to eight-week internship opportunity provided by BISP. It is important to note that this internship opportunity does not include any future commitment from BISP.
The BISP Secretariat is obligated to adhere to the directions outlined herein:
- Interns should be offered a high-quality experience that encompasses relevant activities, with a specific focus on providing them with many opportunities to learn and get practical work experience in their chosen field of study and employment.
- An appropriate staff member from the division should be assigned to monitor them in order to ensure
- Examining the challenges and issues faced by interns
- The BISP Secretariat is anticipated to contribute value to the organization in its official capacity through its undertaken tasks.
- The objective of these guidelines is to revise the current framework pertaining to the provision of guidance and directives for internship placements inside the BISP Secretariat.
Objectives of BISP Internship:
- In order to enhance the visibility and impact of the BISP program among young individuals and cultivate a network of champions, efforts are being made.
- The topic of discussion pertains to the processes of attracting and cultivating prospective individuals with exceptional potential.
- To offer interns a consistent opportunity to engage in the domains of BISP.
In order to facilitate the growth and advancement of students, it is imperative to establish avenues for professional development.
- Establishing an advocacy network for public sector entities
These guidelines are universally applicable to all interns within the BISP Secretariat. The internship program does not fall within any other category of short-term engagements.
If individuals encounter any issues or desire to acquire further information on the subject matter. The helpline for the Benazir Income Support Program is available for contact. In this section, we will provide you with their officially designated numerical value.
Contact number: 080026477